According to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, about 40 million people in the United States suffer from long-term sleep disorders yearly. An estimated additional 20 million experience occasional sleep problems.
At Epoch Health we help to get your sleep back on track through proper questioning and discussion in the clinic and partnerships in our communities. If an issue is suspected your local Provider will ask questions such as:
- How are you sleeping?
- Are you fatigued during the day?
- Do people tell you you snore?
- Does your snoring wake you up?
- And many more…
Sleep apnea is near epidemic proportion in the United States. Without proper diagnosis and treatment it can lead to increased risk of high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke, obesity, diabetes, heart failure, work related and driving accidents and death.
To determine if there is a need for an at-home sleep study. If your Provider feels this is necessary they will place the order. Once results are in your local Provider will review the results to further determine if you require a CPAP machine.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention http://www.cdc.gov/features/dssleep/
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America https://www.adaa.org/understanding-anxiety/related-illnesses/sleep-disorders
- Epworth Sleepiness Scale http://www.sleepapnea.org/assets/files/pdf/ESS%20PDF%201990-97.pdf
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/sleepapnea